Debian Security Advisory
DSA-3045-1 qemu -- security update
- Date Reported:
- 04 Oct 2014
- Affected Packages:
- Security database references:
- In Mitre's CVE dictionary: CVE-2014-0142, CVE-2014-0143, CVE-2014-0144, CVE-2014-0145, CVE-2014-0146, CVE-2014-0147, CVE-2014-0222, CVE-2014-0223, CVE-2014-3615, CVE-2014-3640.
- More information:
Several vulnerabilities were discovered in qemu, a fast processor emulator:
- Various security issues have been found in the block qemu drivers. Malformed disk images might result in the execution of arbitrary code.
- A NULL pointer dereference in SLIRP may result in denial of service
- An information leak was discovered in the VGA emulation
For the stable distribution (wheezy), these problems have been fixed in version 1.1.2+dfsg-6a+deb7u4.
For the unstable distribution (sid), these problems will be fixed soon.
We recommend that you upgrade your qemu packages.