Debian Partners Program 2023 - description
What is the Debian Partners Program?
The Partners Program was created to recognize companies and organizations that provide ongoing assistance to the Debian project. Because of the substantial support provided by these partners, we have been able to expand and improve Debian. We would like to officially recognize their efforts, and continue to maintain a good working relationship.
What are the criteria for Partners?There are several types of partnerships.
- Development Partners
- provide equipment to Debian (at greatly reduced cost or on extended loan)
- provide equipment for use at conferences, trade shows, etc.
- provide a hardware based service to Debian (net access, accounts, etc.)
- commercial vendors who maintain key Debian packages
- assist or lead efforts to port and maintain Debian packages on their hardware
- provide free or reduced cost technical service or consulting to Debian
- Service Partners
- assist Debian in distribution of releases
- provide a forum for Debian's press releases and announcements
- provide a free or reduced cost non technical service to Debian
- Financial Partners
- Provide ongoing financial support, like revenue sharing programs.
To be a partner, at least one of the criteria above must be met. Partners who fall under more than one category can be listed under each category that they qualify for.
What does Debian do for the partners?Debian will work closely with all partners to ensure that Debian understands the partners needs and concerns, and vice versa. This will enable Debian to remain properly focused within the market through the partner's feedback.
Each partner will have space on the Debian partners web page of that year describing the nature of the partnership. The partner may provide links to be included in this information.
What do the partners do for Debian?In addition to meeting the criteria for partnership stated above, the partners should prominently mention Debian in the areas affected by the partnership. They should work with Debian to promote the projects interests. Possibilities include:
- Links to relevant Debian web pages
- Advertising Banners/Buttons/Splashes
- Links to current Debian News/Events/Projects
- ...and many more!
How does a vendor become a partner?An email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a proposal for partnership. This proposal will be reviewed by Debian and discussed with the prospective partner. Debian will then make a decision on whether or not a partnership is possible.
How and when do partnerships end?Debian or the partner may choose to end the partnership at any time. When the partnership ends, the web page entries related to the partner are removed in the current listing (entries in former years remain). Partnerships may end for several reasons:
- the equipment that was loaned is withdrawn
- the service is no longer provided
- the goals of the partners no longer coincide with the goals of Debian
Are there other ways my organization can contribute to Debian?
For donations of money, equipment, or services, visit our donations page.
Sponsorship of DebConf (the annual Debian Conference) is handled by each year's DebConf Organization Team. For DebConf Sponsorship, visit the DebConf page.
Debian LTS funding is handled by the LTS Team. For LTS funding, visit the LTS wiki page.
If you have another idea that does not suit the above suggestion, contact us.