Debian Installer Bookworm RC 3 release
May 16th, 2023
The Debian Installer team is pleased to
announce the third release candidate of the installer for Debian 12
Improvements in this release
- Adjust APT cache cleaning to avoid breaking bash completion (#1034650).
- Detect EFI boot variables with hexadecimal digits, not only decimal digits.
- Restore support for firmware license prompts (#1033921).
- Build against updated dwarves, reducing its size and memory footprint (#1033301).
- Add support for input submitted using power-of-two units: kiB, MiB, GiB, etc. (#913431). Note that sizes are still output using power-of-ten units: kB, MB, GB, etc.
- Add support for bigger prefixes: petabyte (PB), pebibyte (PiB), exabyte (EB), and exbibyte (EiB).
- With many thanks to Vincent Danjean!
- Make sure netcfg considers DHCP-provided hostnames, only using the hostname parameter on the kernel command line as a fallback (#1035349).
Hardware support changes
- Ship dedicated DRM modules for bochs and cirrus to avoid broken graphics under UEFI/Secure Boot (#1036019).
- Work around black screen on ppc64el (#1033058).
- Ship modesetting_drv.so in the udeb again, fixing graphical installer support on UTM (#1035014).
- 78 languages are supported in this release.
- Full translation for 41 of them.
Known issues in this release
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.