Installing with the Debian-Installer
For official Debian 10.8 installation media and information, see the buster page.
All images linked below are for the version of Debian Installer being
developed for the next Debian release and will install Debian testing
bullseye) by default.
To install Debian testing, we recommend you use the Bullseye Alpha 3 release of the installer, after checking its errata. The following images are available for Bullseye Alpha 3:
Or install the current weekly snapshot of Debian testing which uses the same version of the installer as the last release:
Current weekly snapshots
Current daily snapshots
If any of the hardware in your system requires non-free firmware to be loaded with the device driver, you can use one of the tarballs of common firmware packages or download an unofficial image including these non-free firmwares. Instructions how to use the tarballs and general information about loading firmware during an installation can be found in the Installation Guide.
- An architecture can be (temporarily) omitted from the overview of daily built images if daily builds are not (reliably) available.
- For the installation images, verification files (SHA512SUMS and SHA256SUMS) are available in the same directory as the images.
- For downloading full CD and DVD images the use of jigdo is recommended.
- Only a limited number of images from the full DVD sets are available as ISO files for direct download. Most users do not need all of the software available on all the discs, so to save space on download servers and mirrors the full sets are only available via jigdo.
- The multi-arch netinst CD image supports i386/amd64; the installation is similar to installing from a single architecture netinst image.
After using the Debian-Installer, please send us an installation report, even if there weren't any problems.
If you read only one document before installing, read our Installation Howto, a quick walkthrough of the installation process. Other useful documentation includes:
- Installation Guide:
development version (testing)
latest version (Git)
detailed installation instructions
- Debian-Installer FAQ
and Debian-CD FAQ
common questions and answers
- Debian-Installer Wiki
community maintained documentation
The debian-boot mailing list is the main forum for discussion and work on Debian-Installer.
We also have an IRC channel, #debian-boot on irc.debian.org. This channel is used mainly for development, but occasionally for support. If you do not receive a response, try the mailing list instead.